Pesticides, politics and oral favors

Page 1 of 2
A little something for the kiddies, like trader4, who have their heads in the sand, or elsewhere.....
EPA Won't Restrict Toxic Herbicide Atrazine, Despite Health Threat White House documents obtained by NRDC reveal that industry influenced the decision. The EPA has decided not to limit one of the nation's most widely used weed-killers, a chemical that, according to several recent studies, threatens human health and the environment. The October 2003 decision -- which the EPA was required to make under a court-approved consent decree reached with NRDC in 2001 -- will allow Syngenta, the main manufacturer of atrazine, and other companies to continue to sell the chemical in the United States with no significant restrictions.
The rest: http://www.nrdc.org/health/pesticides/natrazine.asp
Oh, wow imagine that! The govt allowed industry to "play a role in shaping the EPA decision." I would have thought they would just take input from guys like Doug Kanter, after all, he's quite an expert. He's a real renaissance man who can tell everyone how to have a beautiful lawn without any chemicals, calls lawn care professionals thugs, and even has time to advocate poisoning neighbors pets and making bigotted remarks about the handicapped. Why should anyone doubt Doug? LOL
On 28 Jun 2005 18:21:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Perhaps you could display a little more than ignorance of Usenet and check some of the postings from Kanter. Just an ounce of skill and you'd find he's being spoofed...PUTZ!

Actually, I *did* post the article. But, trader4 is young, and has missed 40 years worth of chemical industry antics. He doesn't understand how they operate. Not only that, but he doesn't understand how legislation (and legislators) are manipulated by the industries which are affected by potential new laws.
"Perhaps you could display a little more than ignorance of Usenet and check some of the postings from Kanter. Just an ounce of skill and you'd find he's being spoofed...PUTZ! "
Now that Kanter has posted that he did in fact make the post, so who's the ignorant one now, Putz?

Let's see who's thinking clearly today. Bless the assembled masses with your conclusions from the following:
If a chemical company says they used rats to test for safety, they consider the results valid.
If someone else uses rats, and finds the exact same chemical to be unsafe, the chemical company says "That's not valid because rats respond differently than humans".
This has been going on for 4 decades. What do you make of this riddle?

Well we know for sure Kanter is. Looks ike he has company.
On 30 Jun 2005 08:10:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I haven't read anything like an admission...care to repost with the complete header?

Go hump a tree stump, Tom.
:)
"I haven't read anything like an admission...care to repost with the complete header? "
Why don't you learn to use the internet like the rest of us, instead of expecting someone else to do it for you. Ever hear of Google? It's not hard to find if you look instead of shooting off your mouth.
from snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net contains these words:

This is usenet, where other people include the attribution of posts they quote, and indents identify quoted sections.
Janet
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:18:01 +0100, Janet Baraclough

And the bravest of posters hide behind a nome de plume....
On 1 Jul 2005 06:13:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

No problems with Google here Chet boy...perhaps you should read and search before you spew...
" No problems with Google here Chet boy...perhaps you should read and search before you spew... "
Apparently you do have a problem reading threads, otherwise you'd have seen this, before you called me a putz. And even now, instead of appologizing you pretend it never happened. So, I think it's quite obvious who's the real putz here.
Doug Kanter Jun 30, 8:38 am show options
Newsgroups: alt.home.lawn.garden, rec.gardens
author Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:38:06 GMT Local: Thurs,Jun 30 2005 8:38 am Subject: Re: Pesticides, politics and oral favors Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
wrote:>>Oh, wow imagine that! The govt allowed industry to "play a role in

Actually, I *did* post the article. But, trader4 is young, and has missed 40 years worth of chemical industry antics. He doesn't understand how they
operate. Not only that, but he doesn't understand how legislation (and legislators) are manipulated by the industries which are affected by potential new laws.
OK Putz now the handicapped header and I will apologize....
On 2 Jul 2005 10:06:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Or the other situation, that Ronald Reagan fires the FDA coordinator, hires a new one on advise of his buddy Mister Aspartame (Donald Rumsfeld), and was a Defense Contractor that worked for Donald.
Arthur Hull Hayes FDA Commissioner hired in 1981 fired in 1983 for accepting corporate gifts in exchange of his approvals for drugs. went to work for G.D. Searle & Company, (as a medical advisor) (Donald Rumsfeld is CEO of this company)
The approval of drug by the FDA was based upon firing the FDA commissioner, and putting in a new commissioner that would approve the chemical known as aspartame. He based his approval upon reports presented by the company that manufactured aspartame, G.D. Searle & Company (of which Donald Rumsfeld was a CEO).
Boy it sures does swing in a very tight circle there. And the guy was FIRED for accepting gifts. He then went to work for Donald Rumsfeld again, as a "medical professional".
That's a VERY TIGHT circle there, where the people approving things are hired because they WILL APPROVE, and hired because they work FOR a company that needs approval.
-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.
For more comments on how agriculture is shaping the evolution and destruction of species, you may find this essay interesting: "On the Semantics of Evolution".
http://www.ergonica.com/downloads.htm .
EWIRM: Nature makes plants, humans make weeds!

You're expecting a lot of the children here. :-)

You have no room to talk, Kanter. Check out some of Doug's finer posts here.
http://tinyurl.com/8etz7
http://tinyurl.com/8etz7

You must be very young. Compare the headers on those posts to the ones in THIS DISCUSSION. You'll notice that the ones you posted are different. That's because they were posted by someone else posing as me. Probably trader4, who doesn't like it when people point out the sins of his favorite chemical companies.
Meanwhile, do you have anything useful to add to this discussion?