Persnicketty neighbors

Page 2 of 2

have plants, so in the spring if you are not successful

YO, VINNIE.......................I'll take some plants come past frost time to tuck into the clay next to my own chain link to try if yer game.............................<g> Don't have any enemies you want toshare vinca major with do ya??? <eg> Soon as the cold snap is over and on that day I have off, I'm starting the winter ripping ritual..........................#$%*&#*&$*#&*$ frelling vinca, I love and hate it so! maddie

Sure. Remind me when the time comes. I have a few flats potted up. I didn't put the greenhouse up this winter. All the brugs and others are in the shed wintering over in there. Just remind me.
Vito!
I think what you're refering to is Rosa multiflora. Some birds dropped seeds in my yard, took a very long time to eradicate. Very tall, I think about 8-9 feet. Sturdy too. The canes sprouted in my compost bin after cutting the thing down. I've always wondered if it can be used to graft rose standards.
Aunty Kreist wrote:

Don't use chicken wire, use "cattle panels". They are 16 feet long, 54" high (IIRC), and they are strong enough to just support them with a post at the ends. And they really don't look that bad (not that it matters much when you get them covered with vines.) HTH :-)
Bob

They are as expensive as buying a normal wood fence, I find. I wish I could get cattle panels cheap. Around here, they are almost 70 dollars each.
escape wrote:

SEVENTY????? Here they are about $15 (last time I bought one was a few years ago so they could be pushing $20 by now, but I doubt it) I've paid as low as $13 for them.
Best regards, Bob

What gauge are the ones you are seeing for that price? Maybe I'm looking at a very heavy gauge. The ones I'm seeing here are virtually bend proof and very sturdy. They also weigh a ton and are made of steel. You know, Texas, everything must be bigger. LOL
escape wrote:

I *think* it is 1/4" galvanized wire, but it might be 4 gauge. They are very heavy and unwieldy. I don't like carrying them in my pickup because I can only haul 1 or 2 and I have to go over the cab with them. (A person with any sense would borrow or rent a trailer.)
Bob
I'd trim it.......