Pepper plants peppered with purple spots

Sigh. So now the pepper are covered in purple spots. All my plants have big purple spots on the leaves. They were not there yesterday.

Must admit this is turning out to be a bad year. New pots, fresh planting mix, natural fertilizer. I read a lot about container gardening and thought I was doing it right. And I'll probably not try again next year.

I may raise Rottweilers instead.

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

One day folks will believe when I say home vegetable gardening is a hobby, not a way to save money on produce.

Reply to
brooklyn1

It is a hobby - especially container gardening. It is just fun to have things growing in the yard other than grass. But it's no fun when it all gets consumed by bugs

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

If your sure it's bugs, I'd forget natural or growing organic. I'd hit them with Sevin and be done with it. Bet if most organic growers wanted to be honest, they no doubt lose 2/3 of their crops each year to bugs!

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN

True organic is a challenge. For example I planted marigolds in the tomato planters to discourage bugs. The bugs ate them.

So do you know what those black/purple spots could be? Would a picture help?

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

Snails Loooove marigolds

Yes

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Wadda ya have against Rottweilers?

Reply to
Billy

and you'd lose that bet, but you can keep telling yourself that as you eat the poisons that Frank defends.

Reply to
Billy

Apparently, so do squirrels :O(

Reply to