Pepper plants peppered with purple spots

Sigh. So now the pepper are covered in purple spots. All my plants have big purple spots on the leaves. They were not there yesterday.
Must admit this is turning out to be a bad year. New pots, fresh planting mix, natural fertilizer. I read a lot about container gardening and thought I was doing it right. And I'll probably not try again next year.
I may raise Rottweilers instead.

One day folks will believe when I say home vegetable gardening is a hobby, not a way to save money on produce.

It is a hobby - especially container gardening. It is just fun to have things growing in the yard other than grass. But it's no fun when it all gets consumed by bugs
Paul
If your sure it's bugs, I'd forget natural or growing organic. I'd hit them with Sevin and be done with it. Bet if most organic growers wanted to be honest, they no doubt lose 2/3 of their crops each year to bugs!
Rich

True organic is a challenge. For example I planted marigolds in the tomato planters to discourage bugs. The bugs ate them.
So do you know what those black/purple spots could be? Would a picture help?
Paul
Paul M. Cook wrote:

Snails Loooove marigolds

Yes
David

Apparently, so do squirrels :O(

--
- Billy
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

and you'd lose that bet, but you can keep telling yourself that as you eat the poisons that Frank defends.
--
- Billy

Wadda ya have against Rottweilers?
--
- Billy
http://tinypic.com/r/303ebyt/6
Paul M. Cook wrote:

I cannot tell. Paul, it needs to be in focus for my meagre abilities to have any chance.
David