Pepper Pepper who's got the Pepper?

Looking through several seed catalogs and a google search, I could not find a plant or seed that matches up with one of my favorite peppers --> The "pepperchino" peppers. Those yellow juicy peppers that are great on salads, pizza and sandwiches.

So is the word "pepperchino" a pepper or a canning/processing technique?

If it is a pepper plant -- Where can I get the seeds or plants to Grow?

If it is a processing technique -- What is another name for this pepper?

Enjoy Life ...... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

You may want to google for "peperoncino", "peperoncini", or "pepperoncini".

Paulo

Reply to
Paulo da Costa

That is interesting ... Different ways to say hello.

Hmm... "peperoncino", "peperoncini", or "pepperoncini" and .... peperchino, pepperchino all different spellings came up with listings for food recipes. However the third one came up with plants and a link that explained most of what I was looking for. It is a banana/chili pepper pickled.

is more interesting - From that link, it seems to say that -> "pepperoncini" and "peperoncini" are different peppers one sweet, one hot. Or does the word "italian" make the difference or the extra letter P ?

I should leave it here or these Pepper questions will dig a very deep hole :)

I thank you for your quick response :)

Enjoy Life ....... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.