Peony !

Looking forward to my peony flowering soon (Festiva Maxima) more & more flowering every year.
Just purchased a Inspecteur Lavergne Peony. I tend to plant Peonys in a large pot the first year to encourage quick strong growth then plant in a suitable location, not too wet spot, remember, plant level with soil or they won't flower!
P.S. That thing about not moving Peony's once planted ? I've been doing it for years and so far no problems!
--
gardener6359

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:27:35 +0000, gardener6359

Peonys are deer safe but I don't plant them because their flowers become so heavy that unless the plant is staked it flops over to the ground, and the flowers don't last but a few days anyway. And I don't find peony foliage particularly attractive.