Peone leaves turning black

My peone plants have black leaves or some have black spots on the leaves. I don't remember the plants being this bad before. Anybody have some answers for me.

Thanks Lori

Reply to
kayla

you having a lot of rain where you're at? (and that's peony,) the black spots sounds like Black spot or fungus that also attacks roses. This late in the season, I'd just clip the leaves and completely remove them. If there are a lot of them and you have time, spray with a fungicide and remove any fallen leaves from underneath and dispose of the (no compost pile for them, the landfill as the fungus will reproduce in your compost pile and spread back) madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

A neighbor had some success last year spraying her roses with a water & baking soda solution. Salty, ya know? She didn't say how much baking soda she used, but for reasons I can't explain, I'd start with 2-3 tablespoons in a quart.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

you having a lot of rain where you're at? (and that's peony,) th black spots sounds like Black spot or fungus that also attacks roses. Thi late in the season, I'd just clip the leaves and completely remove them. I

there are a lot of them and you have time, spray with a fungicide an

remove any fallen leaves from underneath and dispose of the (n compost pile for them, the landfill as the fungus will reproduce in you compost pile and spread back) madgardener-

A neighbor had some success last year spraying her roses with a water

baking soda solution. Salty, ya know? She didn't say how much bakin soda she used, but for reasons I can't explain, I'd start with 2- tablespoons in a quart.

here is a link that might help some with the baking soda idea :). goo luck, sockiescat.

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Thanks for your replies. Actually we have had a very dry hot summer. The rains just started. The towns all around us have had rain but our little town had none. No rain but lots of humidity so that could be the problem. I think I will cut the leaves,let them dry and burn them. The baking sda sounds good for next year. I'll soon be cutting the stems. Peony-- I knew that. Senior moment. ;-)

Lori

Reply to
kayla