Pennsylvania peanuts

I've purchased a small pack of peanut seeds and am going to attempt to grow them here in northern Pennsylvania (zone 5b). Has anyone here had much success with peanuts in my zone? (I have raised beds that have had numerous years of amendments of compost, WELL-aged cow manure, leaves, etc... so the soil is quite loose and rich).

Craig

>>Never, for the sake of peace and quiet, deny your own experience or

convictions. Dag Hammarskjold

Reply to
Craig E

I grew them as a novelty one year here is south-central PA, zone 6. They did ok, I had half a dozen plants, and harvested a few handfuls of peanuts. They roasted up to be quite tasty. It was a hot, sunny dry summer that year, which probably helped.

Good luck, Sue

Reply to
SugarChile