Pennsylvania peanuts

I've purchased a small pack of peanut seeds and am going to attempt to grow them here in northern Pennsylvania (zone 5b). Has anyone here had much success with peanuts in my zone? (I have raised beds that have had numerous years of amendments of compost, WELL-aged cow manure, leaves, etc... so the soil is quite loose and rich).
Craig

I grew them as a novelty one year here is south-central PA, zone 6. They did ok, I had half a dozen plants, and harvested a few handfuls of peanuts. They roasted up to be quite tasty. It was a hot, sunny dry summer that year, which probably helped.
Good luck, Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlik.net
Zone 6, South-central PA