Peculiar Garden techniques Top This one ;))

I worked with a guy that gardened for food. His method was to disc his one acre plot then after deciding what he wanted to eat would mix all the seeds together. Then he would sow them about. A final light disc by a local farmer who would wait for him to sow. Done.
Then in about two months he would walk though his garden taking anything he found. He would do this harvest walk about once a week sometime more if the bounty warranted the walk.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:56:43 -0400, William Wagner

Hmmmmmm........talk about keeping it simple.
Lots of food for thought on this "method". I'm curious and thinking about yields and how this could be similar to a biointensive method. Lots of living mulch, shady ground........hmmmmm.
Thanks Bill
Charlie....."Lounging" about today, several Cafe del Mars on the player, gonna jazz it up a bit this evening.

Sounds like a very good plan to me. I have been planting my raised gardens in clusters which seems to work well and the other thing I do is add seeds to any bare spots as they appear. That way i always have new growth emerging.

What a marvelous adventure in gardening! Sounds like he gardens the same way I do my filing and record keeping. This particular method makes a little vein in my "A-R" accountant's neck throb but it works for me. ;) Probably a disclaimer that this method should not be used by those who plant their daffodils and tulips in neat, tidy, carefully spaced, straight as an arrow soldier rows would be appropriate.
Val