Pear Trees

I have two pear trees which have given me harvest up to 2007 but after those years nothing

Please could you help with a solution to this problem

Reply to
charlie57

Where-in-the-world are you ? My mother's 2 pear trees gave excellent production last year, with no spray or pruning or fertilizer of any kind. The newer smaller (dwarf) tree actually had a major branch break-off from the weight of the fruit. John T

Reply to
hubops

So what has the care regime been? Are you pruning incorrectly, feeding too much or too little, have they had enough water?

You haven't given us enough to work with to give you a meaningful response.

Reply to
FarmI

Pears need a pollinator of a different type... perhaps those two were not pollinating each other but instead were being polinated by a nearby pear that is no longer there.

Reply to
brooklyn1

fruit trees can only produce a given amount of fruit and if too much fruit is left on the tree after fruit set it saps the tree. in addition, is there any "gummie" on the trunk? was there any evidence of fire blight or other leaf diseases? sometimes late frost will kill the flowers. and of course pruning at the wrong time can knock out flower setting in summer. Ingrid

Reply to
dr-solo