Pear Tree/Montana Clematis

My Montana Clematis has started growing into my Pear tree winding it's self around the branches. Can anyone tell me as to whether this will damage or harm the tree ?
--
Midwood Sue

On 09/09/2013 23:06, Midwood Sue wrote:

Probably not, but C. montana is incredibly vigorous and given a few years could well cover the tree. Fruit production will suffer. There is a also very low chance that the additional weight and area of the clematis could result in a tree with a weakened root system blowing over in a storm.
If you have concerns wait until January or February, then dig up the clematis and move it to a better place.
--

Jeff

Midwood Sue wrote:

Vines (of many types) will eventually shade the tree and prevent photosynthesis, after a few years the tree will die. I strongly suggest removing/moving the vine.
I dont think so. But maybe cut the clematis back in spring. Ingrid
On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:06:24 +0200, Midwood Sue

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago