Peaches Falling Off

Reasons for many (not all) peaches falling off?

Zebrin

Reply to
zebrin

A natural thinning of the fruit. There is an ideal ratio of foliage to fruit which encourages the development of large, robust and juicy fruit and reduces the biennialism of many fruit trees. Most fruit trees will go through this process naturally, shedding the excess small, undeveloped fruit, but commerical orchardists have this down to a science, using both chemical and manual means to optimize and space the fruit to generate the best crop and maintain the health of the tree. In short, some early fruit loss is entirely natural and a good thing.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam

yeah what Pam says and even water. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo