Peach leaf curl - copper or sulfur to treat?

Page 3 of 5

Ah, darn. I thought it was you. Oh, but wait, you've told me that before and never did it so I guess I can PRETEND it was you the same way you PRETEND that you use your killfile. You're good at pretending, aren't you? You have LOTS of PRETEND illnesses, too.

We interrupt this contentious battle to remind readers that a "Fokker" is a type of German aircraft. Hope you all have your diacetyl covered popcorn ready because here we now return you to our regularly scheduled programing (biff, baff, boff):-)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:44:10 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Ya caught me. All pretend. It's all empty. Even you.

A corollary of "we're all bozos on this bus."
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html
snipped-for-privacy@paghat.com (paghat) wrote:

Not to mention that we are all beginners. Just about the time you begin to make any sense of it, your dead.

--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:44:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@paghat.com (paghat) wrote:

Basically. However, I do include myself. Not bozos, just delusional and mostly ignorant. Not meant in any way to be hurtful.

Oh, you've been in the fly over too long anal sphincter, homophobia is trs pass. Brace yo self, a brother is about to become president.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Actually it's you I want Don, with your hair (just the one) up, and in a neglige. You know the magic can't be denied. Say those sweet little words, Don. Bite me Don. Bite me. Your so butch, bitch.
Lady Chatterley will eat her heart out.
(to be continued)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

I go, you and John are the spam and troll of the web, you answer every post, with nonsense, you are the mouth that roared. <plnok>.

Donny, how could you say that? I won't tell your camping pals. You know you are the only one for me. I know that I am old, and fat, and suffer from chronic flatulence but as long as you have a face, that's where I want to sit.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Don, why are you dragging me into you non-gardening spam comments? You say a great deal but are seldom understood. I offered you a deal and you refuse to address it. So go it alone. Again, I would really be interested in your definition of what a consulting forester is to you. I keep going to your website at http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm and the link is dead. Oh, well, I offered to work with you rather than whatever you call what you are doing. Therefore I will continue without you.
Anyway, let me add something regarding the topic of this thread. Peach trees respond very differently than apples do internally. Improper pruning greatly reduces the energy of a peach tree for defense.
One example is here: http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning/peach/index.html
I will do more dissections to further support my theory. Do you have any pictures of dissections you have done Don? Any comments Don on the topic of peach trees and their fragile defense system? Anything. I am willing to bet you will not address any issues regarding peach trees let alone fix you dead links on your website.
Anyone interested, not you Don and associates, I know you have no interest. Two books to help you better treat and understand treatments to your trees. MODERN ARBORICULTURE and A WORLDWIDE PRUNING GUIDE www.shigoandtrees.com Really good information on caring for a peach tree with or without curling leaves. Maybe you have a suggested reading Don. What would you suggest on care of a peach tree? Any comment at all pertaining to a peach tree with curling leaves.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Still did not fix your website or had any comment on the topic. Pure spam. You will not even fix a dead link on your website defining what a forester is. How could we allow such lack of knoledge to care for GOD's forest? Actually, here is my GOD!
Ezekiel 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.
What an idea. I guess Don Staples is more intelligent?
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

credentials they have regarding forest health.
They most likely have more than you Don. That's for sure.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

You obviously never had the opportunity in your life time to meet Dr. Shigo. Sad, very sad. That's really sad. He also served our country, was in the U.S.A.F. Many people have interacted with Dr. Shigo in his life time. Most people that understand trees have great respect for the work of Dr. Shigo. You gain no popularity by many professionals on your criticism of his teachings. He gave more than most people could handle in workshops on tree biology. He understood many things. Each program with him seamed to move on to a higher level. He would do anything to help someone understand trees and their associates. I am not a very good reader. I have not read many books. I have read most of his literature, many of his over 200 publications in refereed journals (I have many of them in my file cabinet. If someone is looking for one of his papers I may have it.) and listen to him on more occasions than I can count. I saw, I heard, I felt and I understand. Many others have as well. The thought that you have not is sad to me. He is probably somewhere right now with John Martin teaching someone. Did you know John Martin from South Carolina?
Obama Rocks!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Why not? Because I know peach leaf curl when I see it. But that's me, I cannot say if the OP can but he asked how to treat it.
I think sometimes you are really trying to help. But when you go on with your pet subjects to the exclsion of all else you are just trying. To a kid with a hammer everything is a nail.
David

and the cause of the problems. I do not like to make any recommendations regarding prescribing questionable chemicals unless I have at least see a tree in person of some pictures. Would not be very professional. Would a doctor prescribe a questionable prescription for a patient without ever seeing the patient? The tree care industry has a long way to go.
A good site for links on what may be a questionable pesticide can be found here: See Pesticide Issues http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/env /
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Nobody recommended questionable chemicals. I was pretty happy to see that after my yelling about it for years, most people here seem to be like minded and know that tree vigor is the major cause of decline. I gave recommendations based on years of experience with plants, woody, herbaceous, deciduous and evergreen. Since most problems are caused by tree decline as a result of improper cultivation, the OP was given sound suggestions. And no, I did't and won't go to your website.