Peach leaf curl - copper or sulfur to treat?

Page 1 of 5
I have a copper based fungicide, and a sulfur based fungicide. Both claim to be the definitive cure for peach leaf curl. Does anyone know which works better, or if both are equally effective? Last year my peaches had peach leaf curl quite severly. I'd like to prevent it from happening this year.

Copper works for me.
David

Show me some pictures of your trees and the pruning cuts. Plus the root zone.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Why?
David

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:19:57 -0500, "symplastless"

The way you made me take photos of my cuts which you not only ignored, but you didn't honor your word which was that you'd put them on the front page of your website. Oh, I forgot, you told me you lost them. Wassa matta, I made proper cuts and you couldn't stand it?

I told you I would like to see some dissections that the cuts were hard for me to see without dissections. Did you see the squirrel section I did added? http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/HTMLFILES/flying_squirrels.html
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

What the hell does flying squirrels have to do with pruning outside the branch collar? That's what we discussed. We didn't talk about your ad nauseum term "dissection."

Oh, for fuck's sake, STFU.

Ok, I told you if you provided me with some pictures of target pruning with a good response from the tree I would put one on the front page of website. Probably my pruning section. You sent me some pictures of some large cuts with woundwood that was in the form of a doughnut. Due to my inexperience I was unable to fully understand that cut. Therefore, without a dissection it would be hard for me to say. Not to say you did something wrong, but I could not place it on the front page and describe it because I was not sure. Now, I was not sure of a cut I made on a peach tree so I dissected it. See: http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning/peach/index.html
It was a proper cut but you can see the symplastless column that formed below the wound. The column is the size of the tree when it was pruned. The point of this picture is to show that with peach trees, even proper targets can lead to symplastless columns. When space is reduced for storage of starch with proper cuts, guess how bad improper cuts are for the trees capacity to store energy? Well that's why I asked Zootal for some pictures of his pruning cuts and soil management, trunk flare area and such to diagnose what the primary cause of the trees problem is. When energy reserves are reduced, secondary agents move in. Then often people use questionable chemicals to get rid of the secondary agents. In advanced tree biology the secondaries are referred to as the 'Clean-Up Crew".
Back to your pictures. It was not clear to me by your pictures, as to how much of a direct hit the pruning cut was. If you can provide me with something I can better understand I would be glad to use it. Why don't you come visit me and dig mycorrhizae. I have microscopes, digging tools, scanner, trees with mycorrhizae. All I require is people like you to dig and identify mycorrhizae. Just an invitation. Please, place some of your pictures of this and that on a website and I will go through and find something I can use. Again, I cannot say I am sorry enough for not understanding the pictures you sent me.
As far as questionable chemicals, this thread started with (copper based fungicide, and a sulfur based fungicide) many comments were made about the chemicals and they were endorsed by people in this tread without even seeing the patient. I asked for some pictures of soil and pruning cuts and no one was interested. Everybody was pushing for using questionable chemicals without diagnosis. If you disagree please provide the specific active and inert ingredients you were recommending.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

No
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:34:38 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

When you do, then we all will.

Take another pill for another imaginary illness, why don'tcha, and let your keyboard take a break.
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:40:12 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Imaginary illness? What are you talking about, oh "Fragile" Warrior. I guess you're too fragile to see your reflection.

Yap, yap, yap. You can't resist, can you? Even when you tell someone you've KFd them, you STILL can't resist answering every single post they make. Maybe Buddha will call you home soon -- and then kick your ass for giving the religion a bad image.
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:01:58 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

I don't have anyone killfiled, what are you talking about now? Buddha doesn't call anyone home. That's what happens in other religions, not Buddhism. Before you use something against someone, you should at least now what you are talking about. If I'm not wrong, it is YOU who inserted yourself into this discussion or lack of discussion. YOU can't resist, not me. I don't make claims like you do. But, you can always ignore me if you want. I give you permission. I know how fragile you are. Go read a book. It may do you some good.

Yap yap yap. It never fails. You couldn't STFU on a bet.
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:38:51 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Bwahahahahahaha. Don't you see any irony here? What an ass.

What's that? More yapping? Buddha says, "STFU already, you raving hypochondriac."
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 01:48:29 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Yeah. I'm a hypochondriac. You caught me. Next. You have no idea what Buddha says. You do remind me of someone named Kristal, though. Go get married for the millionth time.