Peace lily drooping for about a year

I have a peace lily that didn't so well after repotting so I took the advice of a poster here and washed off the roots, and repotted in a smaller pot with fresh soil. It continued to droop and I thought it would die but I kept watering it and it has survived for a year but it is still drooping to the point where some leaves are horizontal. Is there anything I can do to revive it? Thanks, Chris
In article

Give us some particulars, indoors, out doors, sunlight, watering, feeding?
--

Billy

Sorry for the lack of details. It gets indirect moderately bright sunlight through the day. It's next to a window, but the window is about five inches above the plant, so it's really under the window. I water it once a week. I try not to water it so much that water drains into the coaster. -Chris

Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&ref=patrick.nethttp://www.counterpunch.org/martin05022008.html

In article

It has survived a year? I would guess that it isn't getting enough water. Put a bowl under it, and water until water comes out. Toss the excess water. Wait until the soil looks dry and repeat. If that doesn't work, get back to us. There should be a quick response, like in less than a day.
--

Billy

There is a point at which there is no return. I have no way of knowing this about your plant. Take a chop stick and make air holes in the soil and if you really want to give the plant the best shot, buy yourself a small container of liquid seaweed and follow the directions for foliar feeding.
When a plant is over watered the healthy white roots and root hairs rot. For this reason, the same symptoms occur for over and under watered plants of any kind. The top of the plant is not getting any water transfer through the roots.
Stop watering until you can feel dry potting mix at least three inches down. Then, at that time, lift the plant from the container and repot it into some quailty potting mix. The fix is to get the roots to develop hairs and new roots. Seaweed is a growth hormone, so to speak and will help the plant to develop new roots.
On Wed, 7 May 2008 11:42:31 -0700 (PDT), Chris M