Patron Saint of Gardeners / Vegetable Growers

I wish to put a plaque on the front of my shed of the Patron Saint of Vegetable Growing.
But which Saint is it?
Ed

Saint Adelard is the patron saint of gardeners, Saint Fiacre is patron saint to those growing foods and herbs and Saint Isidore is patron saint to farmers. You'll have to make the appropriate personal choice.
Saint Fiacre is also patron saint to taxi drivers and venereal disease suffers if this helps at all with your decision making.
Val
Val wrote:

lol
On 3/4/09 21:40, in article gr5s8f$et6$ snipped-for-privacy@adenine.netfront.net, "Val"

Or there's St. Anthony, the Patron Saint of lost causes. ;-))
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Sounds like there's a story in there somewhere. Just have a nice sit down and a warm cup. It will be OK. Besides, it's a little early in the year to be throwing in the towel. Stiff upper lip, and all that sort of thing, don't you know ;O)
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is

No!!!! That's St. Jude :-)
Judith
On 4/4/09 09:42, in article snipped-for-privacy@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com, "Judith in

How obscure.......
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
Sacha wrote:

fnarrr fnarrr

I only know because my late Mother was always asking St Jude for help, particularly whenever I failed my Latin exams, which was frequently. In fact at lunch today with friends, I was asked to finish some saying in Latin and I am ashamed to say I had totally forgotten it and found it difficult to recall much of it. Fortunately my clever clogs husband still remembers everything he learned!!!!
Judith

St ickbean? David Hill
Val wrote:

--
Pete C
London UK
"Ed" wrote:

No saint but worth a look.
<http://www.literatureclassics.com/essays/1128/
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.

:-) I truly appreciate your punctuation and the light it shines upon so many subjects, my friend.
"As a man is, so he sees. As the eye is formed, such are its powers." --- William Blake
Charlie
On 03/04/09 21:22, Ed wrote:

On further research over the web, it seems that St Fiacre is the patron saint of gardeners.
Ed

There are a few: http://saints.sqpn.com/patrons-of-gardeners / mark
On 12/04/09 12:19, mark wrote:

Thanks... I think I go with St Fiacre... seems the most generally acceptable patron st of gardeners. And he is of Irish origin like me.. LOL.
Just need now to find a plaque or statue to mount on ma shed... and everything should grow rite hunky-dory..
Ed