Patio tomatoes and sunlight needs

I am considering a pot of patio tomatoes on my porch. It gets indirect light to the most part with at best dappled sunlight in late summer. How well would the PTs do in those conditions?
Paul M. Cook wrote:

Most edible fruiting plants do well in full sun and OK in 4-5 hours sun per day. With no direct sun the chances are they will be weak and spindly and not fruit well.
David
On 4/13/2010 2:40 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

with sun as you describe did so so but I did get tomatoes.

The more sun, the better.