Patio awning - shade disrupting plants

I have had a patio awning installed and whilst it is retractable I hav
been using it a lot as the weather has been great the only problem is lot of my plants are suffering with the increased shade. Has anyone els experienced this? I have moved the pots that was easy, but seriousl contemplating digging up my beds and moving some of the plants or wil they recover once we use the awning less in the autumn
--
Patiolove

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:23:07 +0000, Patiolove

You may need to find other plants that are happy with the newly shaded area. When plants get less sun and lower temperatures than they used to get, some will tend to stress out by yellowing leaves, use less water, and go into a rest (or even flowering) period. It would be helpful to know more about your location and plants in question.