Patching Lawn

I recently removed a tree, ground out the tree stump, and patched the area with sod.

It appears that I put too much dirt in and now there is a slight hump in this area. However, I am trying to determine if there was already a "hump" there, due to the tree.

When trees are planted, is the soil around the tree trunk usually graded towards the tree trunk?

I guess what I am trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to remove the recently installed sod, and properly level the soil and re-sod...I'm not sure if the hump is already there in the existing soil.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Reply to
Anthony

It's doubtful any installer would take the time to regrade the area around all but the very largest of tree plantings. When done properly, the mulched ring will create a gentle slope into the trunk to make a sort of 'moat', however.

Regardless, unless the mound is really very noticable, it will probably settle to grade or very near grade after a few months as the base of the trunk and roots that you didn't grind rot.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Reply to