Pardon Me, But This Is Scary

Hello,
These "squash" plants in my garden are truly getting out of hand. The leaves are over 2 hands across and the other way also. The plant itself is over the height of my hip and iam 5'6". In case anyone wants to know, yellow crokneck squash should be vining along and close to the ground, of which i do have a couple at the other end of the little garden, that are acting normal. These monster bushes are bigger than the tomato plants, beside which they are planted. I purchased all the plants at Lowes: the ones that are acting normally and the ones that are becoming monsters. The monsters have no blossoms, the normal ones are prolific with blossoms. What the 'ell is going on!!!?
Should i just chop the monsters or wait and see what happens - iam truly scared - they are prickly too. I realize this sounds absurd, however iam seriously worried, because after a long drought (which never bothered the monsters), ithas begun to rain a real sustaining rain.
Truly HHHEEEEELLLLLLP, well i hope not . . . yet anyway.

Cool, aren't they? I've read that some people will arrange the vines in a ring around the garden. The prickly quality will discourage some unwanted animal visitors.
Harry wrote:

If you planted bush varieties of squash, they won't be vining along the ground. They'll be bushes, tall and broad-leafed. However, they should have at least male blossoms on them by now.
Plant containers get mislabeled all the time.

Leave them alone. Last year I planted what I was told was bush yellow squash. It turned out to be pattypan, and really nice pattypan too.

I plant all my vining varieties in 4 ft. x 4 ft. raised gardens all located along the periphery of my gardening area so as to give them plenty of space to crawl. www.greatgardens.org