papaver

You should take more of an attitude of it being a rowdy town square where people are apt from time to time to wack each other in the faces with a bouquets of pansies, & a challenge to duel with fernbrake at twenty paces. Compared to the majority of UseNet locations, that's pretty darned harmless, & the rest of the pansy-armed firebrands often have useful ideas & observations & information to share.

You've admitted to liking a few of the obnoxious or semi-obnoxioius posters, so it would seem it only gets on your nerves when someone turns their obnoxiousness in your direction. If that's the case, then just take a what-does-their-opinion-matter attitude, OR judge if it would be more amusing if it were aimed at someone else, & if it would've been, then it's all right. If someone says "You're a big dumb poopy breath" instead of getting your feelings hurt, assess whether it was childish, satiric, comical, or just stupid. Then either shrug it off as of no real consequence OR post the reply, "Well YOU have poopy breath too PLUS you have yellow matter custard dripping from your dead-dog eyes."

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

No, it "appears to be" bullshit propaganda by people who get their jollies out of the politics of personal destruction.

Quite the spin. There is no evidence whatsoever that he missed the physical exam because of the drug test, or in fact that he failed to take any required exam. Having been in the Army for 8 years, having dodged a couple of such exams myself and knowing a zillion other people who also did, I know there are a number of reasons why people avoid these things.

*I* avoided the exam once or twice because I always had trouble making my height/weight requirement, and managed to get assigned elsewhere on a couple of time I needed another week or so to drop those last couple of pounds. I know a number of pilots who had temporary health issues (such as getting blood pressure under control) that would have grounded them had they been examined who avoided the exam until the issues were resolved.

And, of course, the accusation itself is false. Records that have been released by the Administration include his medical records, which include the drug tests.

Unlike Kerry, of course, who has refused to release his medical records. But then, this kind of blatant attack based on innuendo and lie is only appropriate when attacking Bush, no? It would be

*wrong* to infer anything from Kerry's reticence, right?

billo

Reply to
Bill Oliver

Had it been anyone else, refusing to take a physical would have been an act of self destruction. Now we are all paying the price for letting a spoiled druggy turned born again fanatic lead into the darkness.

Reply to
Vox Humana

snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Ha that's a good one. Kenneth Starr has faded from memory, so the "politics of personal destruction" is now taboo.

There IS evidence that he skipped the drug test BECAUSE of the exam. Unfortunately, it's buried with a bunch of WMDs in the Iraqi desert.

But as far as failing to take ANY required exam, what part of "suspended from flying for failing to take a required flight physical" or "As he was not flying, there was no reason for him to take the flight exam" is unclear? If he knew he wasn't going to be flying, why would he care if he failed the physical or not? If all he was doing in the Alabama Air National Guard was yutzing around reading manuals, you'd think he'd find the time to show up for a physical so that the government would know if he were ready in the unlikely event that he'd be called upon to serve. Why didn't he fulfill his duty, take the required physical and be done with it? Not a very good soldier, huh? Makes for an even better Commander-in-Chief. Supposedly he managed to show up for the dentist at least, which is good when your only duties are smiling for photo-ops which are strangely missing.

As you are clearly looking for some "spin" to discredit, here is the TRUE interpretation of the facts: Instead fulfilling his commitments to protect the nation, Bush choose to skip his physical because he knew full well the only thing he'd ever be guarding was a box of paper clips. As a bonus, he would not have worry about having his coke habit exposed by the new drug tests that his buddies slyly warned him about.

It's so good to know that military is operating such a tight ship. Luckily, you guys are not actually in the business of defending anything (except for war industry profit margins), in spite of the good intentions of honest soldiers, otherwise we might be worried. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be a problem. I know some airline pilots who skip their mandatory vision tests, and ship captains who skip their sobriety tests until they can clear things up. The important thing is to have a clean record, (especially in case daddy is in position to buy a presidency for you some day).

Yeah, selected records from a selected time frame, not to be removed from a specific room in a specific building.

records, which include the drug tests.

Obviously not the ones he skipped or shredded.

And what exactly would releasing Kerry's personal medical files prove? Does his family have a history of drug abuse, too?

But anyway:

looking for jollies.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Yep. He has admitted that even his father's advice is not wanted -- the only other president to wage a war in that region isn't expert enough for the little Shrub -- & the reason is because he claims he has the advice of his "Higher Father" & does not need to listen to ANYone else. This shows him to be a complete lunatic who thinks he's Jesus talking back to that mere mortal Joseph. If God doesn't speak to him, he ain't listening to no one else!

"Who cares what YOU think."

-Shrubby, 4 July 2001

"They misunderestimated me."

-George Dumbya, 6 november 2000

Here's a lovely page of Shrub facts:

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

-Queen George II, 30 january 2000

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

I find it disturbing that George Bush's god and Dick Cheney are virtually indistinguishable.

Reply to
Vox Humana