papaver

Page 3 of 3

(snip)

While some might take the above as evidence of being "hateful, angry and spiteful", I prefer to think it is more in the category of being nasty, resentful and vindictive. Fear not! Those of us who are coming to know you would never confuse you with being escapee's friend. However, we might wonder if the person who could say that has any friends at all.
opined:

I can see that, but it gets very tiring and I've a good life full of wonderful events and people. I think what happened with the original post I'm annoyed with is that this person was supposed to be a "friend." Not. I'm bored with the whole woe is me, everyone sucks and is always wrong, and I'm very tired of people on their high horse who have nothing in their life but their anger and coldness. I find it very hard to have compassion for people like this. One day they love you, next day, BAM. So, as a growing person, I can clearly see who is and who is not a big, fat phony and I will ignore them because I know misery loves company and I'm not miserable.

I expect people to be disappointing at times, (behaviour, attitude, you name it) but it's hard to understand the malevolence of those who knowingly post dangerous advice to newbies. That is truly saddening. Fortunately, the posters here are usually knowledgeable and generous in giving their time to respond.
By the way, in my experience misery doesn't love company. It loves chocolate. :^)
Regards.
opined:

That's it! I just gave up chocolate! I wish :)
Anyway, I'm about done with Usenet. It's been boring for a long time and I have met people and have true delight in my life. I am very fortunate and I give thanks on a moment by moment basis for all I have and give to others.
So, I will probably stop posting on any regular basis. I used to come here more for the people. Now the people are sucking too...sans the few I named who, whether or not I agree with them, have come to like them...yes, including paghat. She and I can get a bit harsh with each other, but she always wins!
Victoria
snipped-for-privacy@thebestplace2be.org wrote:

and I have

here more

You should take more of an attitude of it being a rowdy town square where people are apt from time to time to wack each other in the faces with a bouquets of pansies, & a challenge to duel with fernbrake at twenty paces. Compared to the majority of UseNet locations, that's pretty darned harmless, & the rest of the pansy-armed firebrands often have useful ideas & observations & information to share.
You've admitted to liking a few of the obnoxious or semi-obnoxioius posters, so it would seem it only gets on your nerves when someone turns their obnoxiousness in your direction. If that's the case, then just take a what-does-their-opinion-matter attitude, OR judge if it would be more amusing if it were aimed at someone else, & if it would've been, then it's all right. If someone says "You're a big dumb poopy breath" instead of getting your feelings hurt, assess whether it was childish, satiric, comical, or just stupid. Then either shrug it off as of no real consequence OR post the reply, "Well YOU have poopy breath too PLUS you have yellow matter custard dripping from your dead-dog eyes."
-paghat the ratgirl
Breaking Heroin Sources of Supply: (last updated 2002) http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/international/factsht/he roin.html
Sorry, it was more than a little two sentence thing. I apologize if I indeed gave misinformation. I'm human and I have always said so whenever I've been wrong. Always. In this case, this person yes, is indeed nasty in this case. It was completely uncalled for. Friends don't say what she said. I am now dropping it because I couldn't care less...frankly.
opined:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:55:36 GMT, agnatha3141

Legally, no. It is illegal to grow Papaver somniferum (breadseed poppy, opium poppy). 'though it *is* legal to buy or sell the seeds. Go figure. That being said, the chances of any gardener being swooped down upon by the DEA for growing pretty flowers are infinitessimally small. These flowers are regularly grown all over the country with no problem whatsoever.