Pampas Grass

Does anyone know if Pampas Grass needs fertilizer every year? Mine is not looking too well right now. It may just be the time of year...I really haven't paid attention to when it's at its best. If I should fertilize, what do you suggest?
Thanks:) Angie in the Boonies of East Texas
opined:

Did you cut it back to the shortest you could get it? If not, get out and do that now. They do not need added fertilizer. I've seen them growing in white caliche and thrive.