Palm Feeding

I`ve just got hold of a Windmill Palm and was wondering what feed to use. I have been reading many articles regarding feed from using a high nitrogen feed to manure.
Any advice would be grateful, thanks.
--
Coops666

On 4/29/2014 11:29 PM, Coops666 wrote:

Is the palm planted in the ground or in a large pot?
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
'David E. Ross[_2_ Wrote: > ;1001479']On 4/29/2014 11:29 PM, Coops666 wrote:-

> (http://www.rossde.com/garden/diary )
Planted in the ground
--
Coops666

On 5/1/2014 1:44 AM, Coops666 wrote:

Wait until you are sure the palm is indeed established. If you feed it too soon, you might burn bruised roots.
I believe I have seen special palm fertilizer in some stores. I have a potted palm that I feed with the same house-brand 27-0-6 lawn food that I use on most of my garden. Since it is in a pot with constrained roots, I feed it very, very lightly 2-3 times a year. In the ground, you can feed your palm more generously once a year (late spring) if you spread the fertilizer in a solid circle that extends 2-3 feet from the base of the trunk.