overwatered Christmas cactus

Will Christmas cactus plants that have been overwatered recover?
Alan

**** Please use address alanh(at)min.net to reply via e-mail. ****

the occurance it would help. Do the plants look bad now? Are they swimming in water? When did it happen, or were they over-watered for a long time?
I have two of these plants potted together. They might be more of the "Thanksgiving" variety. They are in an east window against the pane. There should be neon pink blooms in a day or so, and the salmon (on the inside) has smaller buds. I didn't do much but neglect the plants. Whenever I first see buds, I never ever move the plants. The soil is very dry, but I will only water if I have to.
at 12:32 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Skirmishd) said:

They were given to us by a person who admittedly didn't take good care of them. The Christmas cactus stems are flaccid, but still green.
Alan

**** Please use address alanh(at)min.net to reply via e-mail. ****

water them for some time. As someone else here mentioned, you can get cuttings from the stems and get new plants.
The neon pink blooms came into being today.
Not if nobody over watered them.
It would all depend on how long the plants were overwatered and how waterlogged the they got.

My Christmas cactus is so neglected, in a pot too small and overwatered when the kids feel like it. It will recover.

You seem so certain for someone that has not seen the plant in question.
The truth is you have no idea whether it will recover because you have no idea how much damage has been done to the plant..

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:50:11 -0500, nobody wrote:

What do you mean "overwatered"? What's wrong with the plant first of all? We need more info. Are the stems rotting? Are the roots rotting?
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:50:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@junk.min.net wrote:

Christmas cactus are sensitive to wet feet. Take 2 or 3 fresh cuttings while the plant is still alive. The soil should be kept slightly damp and more dry during the winter months. I water mine about twice a month, then every week during the growing season (spring to fall). Provide quick drainage.