overwater after fertilizing ?

I fertilized my fescue lawn, just as it began to rain Monday. So far, it has rained 12 inches in the last two days in my area.

Would the chemicals have sunk too far into the ground, or will it work ?

I'm in the foothills of LA.

Reply to
Me

More likely the fertilizer got washed away.

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

The fertilizer is probably in somebody's drinking water by now. In other words, it either went into the soil if you have good percolation, or it went down the road if you don't. 12 inches is very extreme.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I don't believe it went down the road by the design of the house. However, I wasn't sure if it went too deep into the soil from the amount of water.

Reply to
Me

If you had 12" of rain in two days, and it didn't run-off someplace, then you live on sand. Not sandy soil. Sand. No other ground type could absorb that much water in such a short period of time. Whether that run-off was to the "road" or some other drainage path isn't the point. The point is that most of what you put down has run-off. It didn't go "too deep into the soil".

Reply to
Warren

That's a lot of rain. How much washed away will depend on many factors. If your lawn greens up in a week, you'll know it's working.

Reply to
Phisherman