Overrun

I live in the Denver area.
What could I plant if I wanted to overrun a water ditch area with something invasive that had pretty flowers? Something that would take over all the weeds and stray grass?
We have a couple of mixtures that may work: http://www.stockseed.com/mixes_default.asp
We can custom blend for you as well... tell me a little more about the ditch... is there standing water? what type of grasses, flower and weeds are there now?
John

It only has water in it during summer months, maybe 5 months a year. Running water.
There's just stray bluegrass and weeds growing there, which we get forced by the city to trim.
Denver area.

Kudzu.