Overhead or underhand

Interesting passage by Einstein follows, that seems to apply somehow. I not be schmart enough to fully grasp and reason out most things, let alone "debate" or "justify" my positions...I depend upon others to speak of that which I understand, yet cannot articulate or communicate on my own...sometimes you just go with your gut and honor the mysterious.

Reply to
Charlie

Vegetables:

I have a very small vegetable garden this year- about 10 4x4 boxes.

(3 plants of each listed below) Tomatoes: Romas, Cherry 100s, Brandywines, Beefsteaks. Cucumbers: Divas, Northern Pickling. Peppers: Sweet Banana, Jalopena, California Wonders. Yellow Straight neck Squash, Romain lettuce, Leaf lettuce, Butter Crunch.

Pascal celery (10 plants), Bloomingdale Spinach (15 plants) Kuroda long Carrots (100 plants), Kentucky Wonder Green Beens (60 plants) Broccoli (8 plants), Cauliflower (4 plants) and Early Green Cabbage (4 plants) and ...... Basil (6 plants). All for one person :)

I will start replacement for the leaf lettuces and basil this week. They bolt to seed after 2 to 3 months.

Going try juicing or canning this fall if I have more than I can eat. Only food preserve so far was freezing Green Beans last year. Yum :)

I have already had nice salads - with (Romain, Leaf, Butter Crunch, Spinach, Basil, Banana Pepper and Pickling Cucumbers) Very Tasty :)

My Vegetable Garden growing extremely well this year. No Tomatoes yet :(

Flowers: Annuals from seed: 100 marigolds, 50 Zinnas, 50 Petunias, 50 Snap Dragons. I have dozen Rose Bushes, Evergreens and other Perennials around the house to keep me busy.

My first Vegetable Garden 8 years ago was a disaster, large 50 x 50 feet. Directly into the ground, water logged and full of weeds. Gardening is a major learning experience. Best to start small, learn and build.

And I thought I was going to be ridiculed for my thoughts on Philosophy.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

I have several books by and about Einstein, technical and non. A very interesting person. Most people are very religious then and today. When one is born and completely surrounded by religious people one will often accept the norm, Einstein included.

Times were different in my time. Evolution was taught in my science classes in high school, religion was not. I was raised by a strong fundamentalist family. I did not become an Atheist until 28 years old (52 now). The two worlds of religion and science was crashing in my mind. I could not merge or resolve the two worlds. One had to give. I read the three different bibles, King James, NIV and the Standard, back to back along with other references. It took four years of reading. One reference book finished it for me - "Bible Difficulties by Archer". When I finished his book - I was an Atheist. It was like removing the heaviest weights off my shoulders and freed my mind.

If Einstein was born today, I have no doubt he would also be an atheist.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

We are all ridiculous, impertinent, and mislead. We are all looking at the shadows on the walls of Plato's cave. Truth is fleeting. All knowledge is transitory. Enjoy the ride. You are better than no one, and no one is better than you. Truth is where you find it.

Reply to
Billy