Overhead or underhand

Page 2 of 2

Sounds good

Overhead spraying uses up more water than ground level watering due to evaporative loss. With frequent use it can also encourage fungi by leaving the leaves wet, raising humidity and bringing up spores from the ground if it squirts that far.
However some types of plants will do much better with raised humidity and the coolness produced by the evaporative loss - provided you can afford the water and other possible consequences.
I know of a rainforest maintained in a gully by spraying at intervals round the clock in a climate that gets about 25 in per year of rain and would never support such a thing naturally.
You have to decide on how much you want to grow according to your climate and how much you want to create a microclimate.
Should I have the water

Drippers or "leaky" hoses will do this and conserve water too.
I would like it all to come

Cannot comment due to lack of experience with gardens freezing.

David

Sorry, I should have added that water is terribly expensive here. We are AG 1 zoning, and the water bill is a flat $100 a year with no meter for a 1 1/4" line.
Steve ;-)

Ah, a perceptive man, ol' Teddy. Funny how things ain't changed much.

- Billy
Billy wrote:

Vote Bullmoose
cheers
oz, getting feet rubbed after three days (and nights) of square dancing