OT-When power fails, what about the food?

When power fails, what about the food?

Since the whole country is suffering from power failures, the following should be interesting.

TOM KAN PA

Oh, get a grip, pard. A freezer will hold frozen food with no problem for

48 hours after the power goes off *if* you don't open the door. If the power is going to be off longer than that, find a generator and plug your freezer in for 4 hours out of every 24. If it's freezing weather, put your freezer food out in your meat cache.

All of us out here in the country heard that NYC and Detroit lost power for a day and we all said, "Yeah, so?" We lose power for weeks at a time every winter. (Well, us up here in Alaska do. It's no big deal. There isn't anything on TV worth watching anyway.)

Jan

... , Alaska, 99732

Reply to
Jan Flora

____Reply Separator_____

Hold on there! I didn't write the damn article, I just posted it. I suggest all flames be sent to the author(s).

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

You posted it, you're responsible for it.

...and what does it have to do with gardening anyhow?

Reply to
Phrederik