OT - Visiting Phoenix

My husband I will be in Phoenix visiting friends from February 6-13. Our friends are new to the area so I'm looking for recommendations of things to see/do for the four of us....interesting tourist areas, public gardens, etc. Thanks in advance.

Hi Lorraine,
I haven't been to Phoenix for a few years but the Desert Botanical Gardens was very nice. You could check out the website - www.arizona.com and then choose Phoenix.
- Tallahassee, FL - Only to the white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear (Ogallala Sioux Chief)

Desert Botanical Gardens are a must. For an expensive meal with the *best* view of the city, go to The Pointe at Tapatio Cliffs. You *have* take a hike at Sqaw Peak - you'll seem plenty of natural desert vegetation. If you want to take a day trip, drive to Sedona. It's gorgeous. Be sure to see the church. Eat at Pete's Fish and Chips for lunch one day. Drive by ASU in Tempe to look at Sun Devil Stadium.
Yes, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, http://www.desertmuseum.org/.Great place.
Also, for general fun, http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/apr/stories/bios2.html , in Tucson.
Lorraine Lawler wrote:

--