OT: Things to do before the inauguration

Page 1 of 5
Things was too good not to share:
Some Things to Do Before the Inauguration.
1. Get that abortion you've always wanted.
2. Drink your last clean glass of water.
3. Cash your social security check.
4. See a doctor of your own choosing.
5. Spend quality time with your draft age child/grandchild.
6. Visit Syria, or any foreign country for that matter.
7. Get that gas mask you've been putting off buying.
8. Hoard gasoline.
9. Borrow books from library before they're banned -
Constitutional law books, Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter, Tropic of Cancer, etc.
10. If you have an idea for an art piece involving a crucifix - do it now.
11. Come out - then go back in - HURRY!
12. Jam in all the Alzheimer's stem cell research you can.
13. Stay out late before the curfews start!
14. Go see Bruce Springsteen before he has his "accident".
15. Go see Mount Rushmore before the Reagan addition.
16. Use the phrase - "you can't do that - this is America".
17. Take a walk in Yosemite, without being hit by a snowmobile or a base-jumper.
18. Enroll your kid in an accelerated art or music class.
19. Start your school day without a prayer.
20. Pass on the secrets of evolution to future generations.
21. Learn French.
22. Attend a commitment ceremony with your gay friends.
23. Take a factory tour anywhere in the US.
24. Try to take photographs of animals on the endangered species list.
25. Visit Florida before the polar ice caps melt.
26. Visit Nevada before it becomes radioactive.
27. Visit Alaska before "The Big Spill".
28. Visit Massachusetts while it is still a State.

Geez John, I hate deadlines! Do you think I'd be allowed an extra week or two? (; ->) Best wishes Geoff

I wish I could arrange it, Geoff. I feel that the "crowning" will occur before people in the States realize Bush is still a pretender. :-)
Best John
| | I wish I could arrange it, Geoff. I feel that the "crowning" will occur | before people in the States realize Bush is still a pretender. :-) | | Best | John
"The people in the States" by this remark I presume that you are not an American? Though not perfect, if you are not an American, it's really none of your business. If this presumption is correct, I'll thank you not to disrespect our President.
If you are an American, I will guess that you are disgruntled because YOUR candidate lost
Kate TN USA
SVTKate wrote:

Let's see. The US is the most powerful country in the world. It's actions affect the lives of people all over the globe, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.
But someone who doesn't live here has no business expressing an opinion about our government?
I'd say that was a pretty good indication of a really bad attitude and another example of why some people shouldn't qualify as voters.
Sheesh!
--
Homo sapiens is a goal, not a description.

Perhaps she is disgruntled that her candidate is all hat and no cattle.

Nope it hasn't affected place like North Korea. They are doing excellently. Communism has proven itself there. Why don't you go and live there for awhile and find out more? LOL!!!
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:28:19 +0800, "Skye the Skydragon"

Ah jeez another reds under the bed christian!
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:23:41 -0800, Tom Jaszewski

Interesting. Where did you get the christian from? Or was that just a knee-jerk reaction?
Swyck
So swyck are you just another anonymous chicken hawk that sends other peoples kids to die for you misguided opinions, or have you served your country?
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:23:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:31:57 -0800, Tom Jaszewski

What does your question have to do with my question?
Again interesting. Simple questions have all sorts of motives attributed to them.
If you must know, the answer is no to both of them.
Swyck

Pay no attention to the twit from Las Vegas. He lives in the fantasy out there and believes it is real.
So, if you red state rednecks think you have such a firm grasp of reality, why did you re-elect that imbecile to be president again? Didn't he screw thing up enough for you the first time around?
"Diane James" <. .> wrote in message wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:06:10 GMT, "Cereus-validus..."

I'm not from a red state, I'm not a redneck, and I don't claim to have a better grasp of reality then most people. I do have a better grasp then some. At least I can read a question and get a general idea of what it's asking.
To answer your question (not that you care), IMO he didn't screw up more then the average president does, especially considering the circumstances, and I expect him to screw up less then the alternative would have over the next 4 years.

Swyck
Another moment in history...
TODAY, Bush gave himself and Cheney (aka Halliburton):
$(U.S.) 10 billion dollars
-- Jim Carlock Post replies to newsgroup.
My oh my.
Aren't they generous with other people's money?

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:40:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Jesus H Swyck, you're really not gonna start on posting etiquette? You truly are whack!

As a matter of fact, John IS an American. Geoff, on the other hand is Scottish, and he and his bride were students at the great university of Tennessee...........and why would you presume that John wasn't an american? Just because he refered to us as "people in the states??" geeze, get a grip.

it IS his business. And because this is a "free" country, he can express himself as he pleases. And I'm sure he voted, as I did to try and oust Shrub.

I don't think he was being disrespectful. You have to earn respect before you lose it. How can you lose something you never had? And it's once again a "free" country. If you're so quick to think it's so wrong to be disrespectful, you obviously don't appreciate the freedoms we have to dish and criticize someone who is making us lose position and face to the world, or haven't you noticed that countries are turning their backs on us? It's not because of what President Clinton did during office, it's what shrub and his puppets have managed to destroy so quickly in four years. I shudder to think what shape this country will be in at the end of his new term unless he resigns. And I don't want Cheney to be in office either. Devil or the witch, don't have much choice for someone good enough to run this country. And Shrub is really nothing more than a puppet anyway.

I think John is just sad to see that the lying shrub has managed to cheat his way into office again. I still don't believe he won by counted vote.............too many discrepancies regarding absentee votes and the like. But then, maybe YOU'RE rich and have nothing to lose while shrub is in office. Haven't you noticed there is less and less middle class and only lower and poor and upper and rich? I'm outa here, this is going to get nasty. madgardener who didn't vote for shrubbery.................

Things usually do get ugly when threads like this start up. What else can you expect? Isn't that why threads like this are started?
People are just looking for a good fight. There are few useful statements made by either side, nothing that can pass as a reasonable discussion, though a lot of people do seem to be impressed by their own eloquence.
It's a bit of fun, though disappointing to see the sheer ignorance and lack of any positive dialog. I'd hope that we'd be able to move forward as a nation and a planet, but obviously we're not ready for that. My side good, your side not only bad but evil stupid and downright malevolent. Yeah, right.
Swyck
If you relive it all, and look at the way the WTC fell, and you ask, what happens to steel that heats up but doesn't reach the melting point?
Think about that. The temperature on the steel in the WTC never reached 2000 degrees and that steel never reached the melting point.
Furthermore the planes loaded with fuel are reported to be 100,000 pounds lighter than the WTC were built to withstand. The WTC were built to withstand an a major airplane hitting them. And they did remarkably well. The steel never melted. The steel bars should NOT have blown up.
Then all of a sudden the second tower hit starts blowing up from the top and continues blowing up all the way down before the first tower starts blowing up from the top on down.
The steel NEVER reached the melting point. What caused the towers to start blowing up?
Furthermore, George Bush had put a new FBI guy inside of the tower. That particular guy knew more about Osama bin Laden than any other FBI agent in the government. He supposedly was in contact with al-qaeda multiple times in the year 2000. He died when the towers fell... and his wife will probably hate me for saying this, but ask yourself, was he the man that wired the explosives to the steel beams in the WTC? Is he the man that pressed the button to detonate the explosives? Is it possible?
Bush put that man INTO the WTC in late 2000/early 2001.
And why was James Hatfield's death ruled a suicide? What did James Hatfield know that needed to be kept a secret?
Why did Bush need to bribe ALL of Congress and give them a raise? Why was Bush so intent on PORTRAYING John Kerry as a traitor? It says something about Bush.
People that call names are GUILTY of being the name they call others. I'm not calling Bush a traitor. The steel beams DID NOT reach a melting point, though. The towers rippled with explosions that started from the top and blew the hell out of the steel beams. The explosions caused the beams to FLY UP into the air. Melting steal bends when it gets close to the melting point. That steal did NOT bend. It blew up.
ALL of Congress KNEW that there were less than 10 years of oil left in the United States oil reserves. BUSH KNEW. CHENEY KNEW. JOHN KERRY KNEW TOO.
BUSH crusaded around during the election calling JOHN KERRY a traitor. Why? Is he feeling guilty? And the fact that the anthrax came from Fort Detrick, Maryland, a few miles from the White House...
Bush is not American. Salem bin Laden DIED on the BUSH ranch. Arbusto in Spanish means something. It was the name of the bin Laden / Bush oil partnership.
James Hatfield wrote a book titled, "Why would Osama bin Laden want to kill Dubya, his former business partner?" And then James Hatfield died like the 3000 people in the World Trade Centers died. And then Bush ran around the country calling John Kerry a traitor. Calling names comes from self guilt. Maybe Kerry is a traitor, but the fact that George was calling the names means something.
-- Jim Carlock Post replies to newsgroup.