OT: Things to do before the inauguration

Things was too good not to share:

Some Things to Do Before the Inauguration.

  1. Get that abortion you've always wanted.

  1. Drink your last clean glass of water.

  2. Cash your social security check.

  1. See a doctor of your own choosing.

  2. Spend quality time with your draft age child/grandchild.

  1. Visit Syria, or any foreign country for that matter.

  2. Get that gas mask you've been putting off buying.

  1. Hoard gasoline.

  2. Borrow books from library before they're banned -

Constitutional law books, Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter, Tropic of Cancer, etc.

  1. If you have an idea for an art piece involving a crucifix - do it now.

  1. Come out - then go back in - HURRY!

  2. Jam in all the Alzheimer's stem cell research you can.

  1. Stay out late before the curfews start!

  2. Go see Bruce Springsteen before he has his "accident".

  1. Go see Mount Rushmore before the Reagan addition.

  2. Use the phrase - "you can't do that - this is America".

  1. Take a walk in Yosemite, without being hit by a snowmobile or a base-jumper.

  2. Enroll your kid in an accelerated art or music class.

  1. Start your school day without a prayer.

  2. Pass on the secrets of evolution to future generations.

  1. Learn French.

  2. Attend a commitment ceremony with your gay friends.

  1. Take a factory tour anywhere in the US.

  2. Try to take photographs of animals on the endangered species list.

  1. Visit Florida before the polar ice caps melt.

  2. Visit Nevada before it becomes radioactive.

  1. Visit Alaska before "The Big Spill".

  2. Visit Massachusetts while it is still a State.
Reply to
B & J

Geez John, I hate deadlines! Do you think I'd be allowed an extra week or two? (; ->) Best wishes Geoff

Reply to
galyles

I wish I could arrange it, Geoff. I feel that the "crowning" will occur before people in the States realize Bush is still a pretender. :-)

Best John

Reply to
B & J

| | I wish I could arrange it, Geoff. I feel that the "crowning" will occur | before people in the States realize Bush is still a pretender. :-) | | Best | John

"The people in the States" by this remark I presume that you are not an American? Though not perfect, if you are not an American, it's really none of your business. If this presumption is correct, I'll thank you not to disrespect our President.

If you are an American, I will guess that you are disgruntled because YOUR candidate lost

Kate TN USA

Reply to
SVTKate

Let's see. The US is the most powerful country in the world. It's actions affect the lives of people all over the globe, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

But someone who doesn't live here has no business expressing an opinion about our government?

I'd say that was a pretty good indication of a really bad attitude and another example of why some people shouldn't qualify as voters.

Sheesh!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Larry Blanchard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Perhaps she is disgruntled that her candidate is all hat and no cattle.

Reply to
Damned Liberal

As a matter of fact, John IS an American. Geoff, on the other hand is Scottish, and he and his bride were students at the great university of Tennessee...........and why would you presume that John wasn't an american? Just because he refered to us as "people in the states??" geeze, get a grip.

it IS his business. And because this is a "free" country, he can express himself as he pleases. And I'm sure he voted, as I did to try and oust Shrub.

I don't think he was being disrespectful. You have to earn respect before you lose it. How can you lose something you never had? And it's once again a "free" country. If you're so quick to think it's so wrong to be disrespectful, you obviously don't appreciate the freedoms we have to dish and criticize someone who is making us lose position and face to the world, or haven't you noticed that countries are turning their backs on us? It's not because of what President Clinton did during office, it's what shrub and his puppets have managed to destroy so quickly in four years. I shudder to think what shape this country will be in at the end of his new term unless he resigns. And I don't want Cheney to be in office either. Devil or the witch, don't have much choice for someone good enough to run this country. And Shrub is really nothing more than a puppet anyway.

I think John is just sad to see that the lying shrub has managed to cheat his way into office again. I still don't believe he won by counted vote.............too many discrepancies regarding absentee votes and the like. But then, maybe YOU'RE rich and have nothing to lose while shrub is in office. Haven't you noticed there is less and less middle class and only lower and poor and upper and rich? I'm outa here, this is going to get nasty. madgardener who didn't vote for shrubbery.................

Reply to
madgardener

If you relive it all, and look at the way the WTC fell, and you ask, what happens to steel that heats up but doesn't reach the melting point?

Think about that. The temperature on the steel in the WTC never reached 2000 degrees and that steel never reached the melting point.

Furthermore the planes loaded with fuel are reported to be 100,000 pounds lighter than the WTC were built to withstand. The WTC were built to withstand an a major airplane hitting them. And they did remarkably well. The steel never melted. The steel bars should NOT have blown up.

Then all of a sudden the second tower hit starts blowing up from the top and continues blowing up all the way down before the first tower starts blowing up from the top on down.

The steel NEVER reached the melting point. What caused the towers to start blowing up?

Furthermore, George Bush had put a new FBI guy inside of the tower. That particular guy knew more about Osama bin Laden than any other FBI agent in the government. He supposedly was in contact with al-qaeda multiple times in the year 2000. He died when the towers fell... and his wife will probably hate me for saying this, but ask yourself, was he the man that wired the explosives to the steel beams in the WTC? Is he the man that pressed the button to detonate the explosives? Is it possible?

Bush put that man INTO the WTC in late 2000/early 2001.

And why was James Hatfield's death ruled a suicide? What did James Hatfield know that needed to be kept a secret?

Why did Bush need to bribe ALL of Congress and give them a raise? Why was Bush so intent on PORTRAYING John Kerry as a traitor? It says something about Bush.

People that call names are GUILTY of being the name they call others. I'm not calling Bush a traitor. The steel beams DID NOT reach a melting point, though. The towers rippled with explosions that started from the top and blew the hell out of the steel beams. The explosions caused the beams to FLY UP into the air. Melting steal bends when it gets close to the melting point. That steal did NOT bend. It blew up.

ALL of Congress KNEW that there were less than 10 years of oil left in the United States oil reserves. BUSH KNEW. CHENEY KNEW. JOHN KERRY KNEW TOO.

BUSH crusaded around during the election calling JOHN KERRY a traitor. Why? Is he feeling guilty? And the fact that the anthrax came from Fort Detrick, Maryland, a few miles from the White House...

Bush is not American. Salem bin Laden DIED on the BUSH ranch. Arbusto in Spanish means something. It was the name of the bin Laden / Bush oil partnership.

James Hatfield wrote a book titled, "Why would Osama bin Laden want to kill Dubya, his former business partner?" And then James Hatfield died like the 3000 people in the World Trade Centers died. And then Bush ran around the country calling John Kerry a traitor. Calling names comes from self guilt. Maybe Kerry is a traitor, but the fact that George was calling the names means something.

-- Jim Carlock Post replies to newsgroup.

Reply to
Jim Carlock

Why do you want to kill your own baby on a flimsy whim? No wonder the Muslims will end up ruling the world with people thinking like that.

Reply to
Skye the Skydragon

Nope it hasn't affected place like North Korea. They are doing excellently. Communism has proven itself there. Why don't you go and live there for awhile and find out more? LOL!!!

Reply to
Skye the Skydragon

Ah jeez another reds under the bed christian!

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Interesting. Where did you get the christian from? Or was that just a knee-jerk reaction?

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

Things usually do get ugly when threads like this start up. What else can you expect? Isn't that why threads like this are started?

People are just looking for a good fight. There are few useful statements made by either side, nothing that can pass as a reasonable discussion, though a lot of people do seem to be impressed by their own eloquence.

It's a bit of fun, though disappointing to see the sheer ignorance and lack of any positive dialog. I'd hope that we'd be able to move forward as a nation and a planet, but obviously we're not ready for that. My side good, your side not only bad but evil stupid and downright malevolent. Yeah, right.

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

Not that it's any of your business, but why would you presume to make such an unsubstatiated assumption? I was replying to a remark by Geoff, who has already told me that Dubya's lap dog Tony Blair is well on the way to losing his upcoming election. Obviously the people in Great Britain have more sense than we. If the leader is a loser, fire him/her.

Are you trying to tell me that it's unpatriotic to distain the person in the office of the President of the United States? That's the same doctrine preached by Rummy, Cheney, and Dubya when they were in their full "attack Iraq" mode in which any opposition to this war was called unpatriotic. With billions already spent and Dubya about to ask for another $70 B to continue to fight his war, well over a thousand young men and women dead, and thousands more maimed physically and mentally, disrespect is much too mild a word. BTW, "Doonesbury" suggested that Dubya should create a new Department of Toady. Why don't you make yourself a candidate for Secretary of Toady? :)

Whom did you hate enough to vote for Dubya? Obviously hatred of some particular group had to be the prime reason you voted for Bush. Divisivness was constantly preached by Bush and his minions throughout his campaign, and only the completely intolerant would consider voting for him. Oh, yes! There could be one other reason: you're among the superrich.

Reply to
B & J

"Skye the Skydragon" wrote in message news:cov9fm$2od$ snipped-for-privacy@mawar.singnet.com.sg...

What does the right to choose have to do with Muslims taking over the world? I haven't noticed that born-agains are a threatened or endangered species, particularly in the South. :)

What I find totally ironic is the whole abortion controversy is that it's mainly a divisive Republican issue, and the Republicans are the most child unfriendly group in this country. They want all pregnancies, accidental or not, to result in a live birth. Once these children are here, they don't want to spend a dime paying for the result. Getting them here by banning abortion is the end of their responsibility. They fight paying taxes for schools; funds for playgrounds and after school activities are called a waste of money and the first items cut from budgets; and they constantly scream about welfare mothers and the cost of welfare children.

I say this 'tongue in cheek." Wouldn't it be far cheaper to make abortions free to all women on welfare than it would be supporting these children on welfare? Just think of all the money you Republicans could save. :)

I am not an abortion proponent, but Republicans have to learn to stay out of people's bedrooms and private affairs. Perhaps a bunch will be thrown out of office by mid-term to prevent Bush from doing more damage to civil liberties. Your thinking is that of a ground lizard that bobs its head "yes" whenever Bush speaks..

John

Reply to
B & J

its love the fetus, hate the child.

"B & J" wrote: They want all pregnancies, accidental or

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com expounded:

No, it's love the child.

Reply to
Ann

Sorry Ann, but that's not the policy of the Dubya administration you voted back into office.

Its more like "We need more cannon fodder for our undeclared war for oil for the rich". "Forget wasting money on child care and education, they are all going to die anyway"!!!!

Why don't you show your support for the Dubya administration by becoming a volunteer and join the national guard!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

A bipartisan alternative:

Ed Clarke

"Cereus-validus..." expounded:

Now just where did I say anything about supporting the Bush administration? I made a comment about a child. As for me joining the National Guard, if I wasn't as old as I am I would. I doubt you would.

Reply to
Ann