OT Things that go bump in the night

Last night it was a fine moonlit night, about 3am I awoke to ....
clop, clop, clopity-clump-clump, clop-clop-clop, thump, bump,...............
The bloody horses had pushed through the fence and one was on the verandah.
This morning I went out and there were two presents waiting for me - and the flies. Such generous beaties.
David
David Hare-Scott wrote:

it was just saying hello. :)
couldn't figure out how to ring the doorbell.
did they wander far?

for some reason horse poo smells pretty good in comparison to almost any other poo.
as herbivores they're not eating the same stuff as humans so their poo should not be too objectionable. in comparison to pig poo ... eww...
cow pies are just a bit too messy to really be rated good, but after a few days when they get hardened up and the chickens can break them apart then they are much nicer.
i'm still glad i don't have to go out and collect them as a fuel for cooking.
songbird
songbird wrote:

No, they went back to their pasture before morning. Tonight the fence will be hot though, I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Yes horse is fairly easy to deal with, once it is dry it is quite inoffensive to me.

The same goes for carnivores eg cats.

Apparently it gives the kebabs additional flavour!