OT Squirrels Flipping Out

----- Jeepers were they pot brownies...??? ;)

Maybe if you got them all stoned you could just lure them into little shipping crates with more munchies and them ship them somewhere.

Zebrin

Reply to
zebrin

From my local paper:

From Panama City, FL (AP)

-- Squirrelly behavior is common this time of year, state conservation officials say. The sight of a squirrel with lumps all over it's body, jumping in the air, rolling on the ground and generally acting nutty is no cause for alarm, Lt. Stan Kirkland of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said Wednesday. "When People call they describe these unusual antics, as well as large lumps on the squirrel's body that appear to be cancerous tumors," Kirkland said. "In fact, they are cause by warbles, which are bot fly larvae growing just under the squirrel's skin." Once the larvae emerge, the squirrel generally recovers without further incident, but the insects can be a real annoyance while burrowed. In the Southeast, gray squirrels, rabbits, and other rodents are commonly affected by bot fly warbles, Kirkland said. Horses and cattle also sometimes get them. Neither the larvae nor the affected animals are a threat to humans or pets, Kirkland said.

Shelly

Reply to
Shelly

Oh, man, Shelly, thanks for this! My squirrels have WARBLES! How utterly disgusting. They do not look lumpy to me, they are just fat furry boys and girls. It's good to know it won't hurt them, anyway.

Reply to
Shiva

No problem, I just happened to come across this and remembered your post. I'd been wondering about your squirrels, too. :-)

Shelly

Reply to
Shelly