OT: Ruminations of a spring walk

Could a morning be any nicer? I just returned from my morning walk. Spring is my favorite season. I know, many are wowed by the colors of autumn. To me autumn exists to prove there is beauty even in death. But spring, the subtle greens of the new leaves, the flowering of the trees, even those not so showy, but such providers of early forage for our girls (that's what we call our bees)! The new fresh curls of ferns sticking up between the lush (and stinky!) leaves of skunk cabbage, and the birds - twittering and chortling all around me as I walk. The birds who wake me up at daybreak, singing their greetings to the new morn. I just noticed the return of the orioles last week, their fluting sing-song with their raspy call note returns just as the leaves of the maples start to sprout. Spring is over too soon, the heat of summer is trying to come in, but for now I'm enjoying the beauty of my favorite season.

Reply to
Ann

I call spring the start of my season of bliss. in fact, I am now heading out into my back yard to bliss out for an hour. Ingrid

Ann wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo