OT Ping Billy

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/world/europe/20millin.html?_r=1&hp
Scottish lore.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org

Ah, "lore". I thought it was a misprint. :O(
The article seems to touch on that fine line between bravery and madness.
I'd rather see it reserved for Sunday afternoon football amongst millionaires.
Good yarn, I guess, about a nightmare.
I'm happy for Bill Millen, but I grieve for the nearly 4,400 Allied troops, and, at least, a similar number of their German counterparts, who died that day on June 6, 1944. Most had no interest in being there at all.
Wasn't there a war in there, somewhere, that was supposed to end all wars? Where have all the flowers gone?
--
- Billy