OT Party excuses tied to time light planet rotation nothing

Wondering if you gardeners have any excuses you would like to share. Here is one for April 30 Valborgsmässoafton an excuse to celebrate with fire etc.

Bill

Crab soup for Jan 1 family stuff we do often.

......................... Crab and Asparagus Soup With green onions and cilantro

Ingredients

2 Tbls. Peanut Oil 1/2 cup Shallots peeled and sliced 1 lb. Crab meat 4 cups Chicken stock 1 lb. Asparagus 2 eggs beaten 2 Tbls. Fish sauce 3 Tbls. Soy sauce

1 Tbls. Corn starch I Tbls. Water To taste white pepper

3 Tbls. Chopped Cilantro 3 Tbls. Chopped green onions ( Green Part only ) 1 Cup pea sprouts

Method

  1. Sweat the shallots in the oil over medium heat. Add the crab and Asparagus sauté 2 minutes stir gently

  1. Add chicken stock bring to a boil . Slowly pour in eggs while stirring gently. Use a Crockpot pot.

  2. Combine the corn starch and water in a small bowl and mix to make a slurry. Pour into the boiling soup while stirring and cook five minutes.

  1. Remove from heat and add the soy sauce, fish sauce and white pepper.

  2. Ladle into warm deep bowls and garnish with Cilantro, green Onions, Pea sprouts and tempura fried Asparagus spears. Serve immediately.
Reply to
Bill who putters

The Walpurgisnacht fires would help fill the void between one Guy Fawkes Day and the next. I'll have to add that to my calendar of special days. My wife and I generally celebrate Midsummer's Eve with a bottle of my homemade elderberry wine and a fire, although not a bonfire. I leave a small saucer of the wine under the elderberry bush for the elves to ensure a good crop of berries. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Got a book that was discarded from the local high school.

"Festivals Of Western Europe" Spicer 1958

Library of Congress Catalog Card No 58-7291

Seems there can be a reason to celebrate just about every day ;)))

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters