OT 'BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!'

I hope everyone is safe and in a nice warm place tonight. the temperature in Ottawa, Canada is at present -24C with a windchill factor of -42C with high north winds. All you folks in 'warmer climes' are lucky this night. Hope you all keep warm and think spring

Reply to
Helen J. Foss

snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Helen J. Foss) expounded:

It's -7.5°F on my digital thermometer, but all the weather people are saying it's -10°F out there, at 6 am this morning.

Reply to
Ann

-10 just south of Manchester NH! and no school! Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

It's -8 at 8:00 am schools closed (~OjO~) digger In Thompson Ct.

Reply to
digger doug

I have to admit I am wondering if there any schools open in NH! there are

258 closings today! Cheryl
Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3313.bay.webtv.net,

Reply to
madgardener

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

let me correct that temperature.....it's actually 39o F.....................I forgot to reset the temperature on my Acurite thermometer madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

Lol. Schools are closed in New England because its cold in the winter.

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

Sign of the times. Superintendents are concerned about liability because some student got some frostbite waiting for a school bus last week. I guess with our mobile society, people don't know how to prepare for cold weather any more. Everyone in New England is "from away".

Reply to
Dwight Sipler

Not me! Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Whoo I'm glad I live in Houston where its a pleasant 68 F ith a high of 70 F today. Of course we have a flood warning until 6 am Saturday but hey it's warm :) My mostly wild rose is starting to bloom again.

Shell

Reply to
Shell

Holy WOW!

Those of you who don't have hairy four legged beasties to walk really ought to be thanking your lucky stars. So far, the coldest temps I've had to be out and about in has been 8 degrees (-10 with windchill), and the furry beast didn't care one bit.

Suja

Reply to
Suja

"Suja" wrote

My smaller four-legged beastie goes outside for a pee and poo twice a day and then is whining at the door one minute later. I live in the same place that Helen does, but I think my dog would rather go live with Shell in Houston.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Stay warm everyone! I just went to Target and they have started to set up their seasonal section with gardening tools, patio furniture, etc... Spring is in sight. Or so Target thinks. But then I'm here in the banana belt (NC). Are the stores up north teasing you all with garden goodies?

Heidi

Helen J. Foss wrote:

Reply to
Heidi

My small but fat four legged beastie would probably love the company :) Supposed to get up to 72 F tomorrow

Shell

Reply to
Shell

No, they're putting it away and setting up the 2004 Christmas decorations!

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Sign of the times. Superintendents are concerned about liability because some student got some frostbite waiting for a school bus last week. I guess with our mobile society, people don't know how to prepare for cold weather any more. Everyone in New England is "from away".

Humphf. I remember when I was a little girl, we used to put bread loaf bags over our socks, and then slide our feet into big moon boots, in order to walk to school in a blizzard ( up hill both ways of course).

Heidi (who used to live in the UP of Michigan. Go UP'ers!)

Reply to
Heidi