OT: a gardening notice of sorts........ John P. Skeffington's obituary

I am posting this that Barb Skeffington sent me this morning for the friends here in the newsgroup that read and chatted with John over the last eight years.
madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hello Everyone,
Here is John's obituary. 41 Please sign the guest book.
I chose March 20th, the first day of spring, for the memorial mass. It seemed so appropriate because John so loved the beauty of the Ozarks in the spring. If you are able to attend the memorial mass, I would be honored, as will John's memory. If you check back in a week or two to www.kirbyboaz.com you should find a video tribute as well.
Even though John loved flowers, we knew that the church only allows one bouquet at the memorial mass, which will be mine. He felt that if anyone wished to make a memorial in his name, the appropriate place would be a tax deductible contribution to the library foundation or hospice. Both serve our community so well and are in need of funds. Their addresses are at the end of the obituary. Or think about planting a tree or shrub somewhere while you reflect on your connection with John.
I miss him so very much, Barb
"The flowers, the gorgeous, mystic multi-colored flowers are not the flowers
of life; and it has been a most precious pleasure to have temporarily