Ornamental grass

I have been numerous types of ornamental grasses for years, all hardy to zone 5. I would like to find out how to sell them. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know. I could sell in many forms from small to specimen size.I'm getting overgrown here in southern Indiana. Any info would be helpful. I have tried to grow in containers, but this is too much work for my older body. Bittersweet
snipped-for-privacy@wcrtc.net wrote:

Many folks seem to be able to sell plants through Ebay. Possibly craigslist. If you cannot or do not want to ship, you specify local pickup only. Of course, that would drastically limit your customer base. If you want to trade for other ornamentals, you might join www.davesgarden.com . They have a trading system.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

One of my neighbours has a table of plants for sale by her front gate, all year round.
You could also ask local gardencentres and places that sell plants, if they want to buy some of yours. I grew a whole load of perennial plants last autumn and spring, for sale this summer, and sold hundreds of pounds worth in two days. All I did was paint a "plants for sale" sign and put it where it could be seen from the gate; and for my own convenience I priced all the plants at a single price regardless of type or size.
Janet
On 16 Sep 2006 08:17:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@wcrtc.net wrote:

I have a greenhouse so in the winter I grow certain things for local nurseries and it seems to me they love when I bring plants in which are rarely sold in 4" pots. I build benches and divide the grasses now, pot them up and let them sit in an unheated greenhouse over winter. Come spring, they start to grow and I bring them to the nurseries.