Ornamec and Fescue

Hello all, I wonder if anyone has had any experience with Ornamec in a southern tall fescue lawn. I oversprayed my fescue to kill the invading Bermuda, mixing the product according to the label directions for this application type. There was a caution that some browning of the fescue would be apparent for a week or two after application. Well...

It has now been 3 weeks, and the fescue appears to be dead. It has ceased growing (as far as I can tell) and shows no signs of recovery. My lawn is essentially ruined, and it is too warm to repair with seed until the fall. I would be most appreciative if anyone who has some insight could shed light on this caper!

Thanks, Ds

Reply to
Simonis

Serves you right for using a pollutant like Ornamec.

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

I have used Ornamec in the past with more positive results. Instructions must be followed exactly. If your fescue is not healthy you will get negative results. Think of it as cancer treatment with the Bermuda grass being the cancer.

Reply to
Scott