Oriental Poppy

Does anybody have any experince with oriental poppies.I planted 1 plant this fall fromWhites flower farm.Also have seeds to plant this spring.Can I start the seeds indoors?

Reply to
John Watts

I grow a number of different oriental poppies - what did you want to know? Seeds can be started indoors - need bottom heat of 65-68F, should germinate in about 2 weeks.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Indoor sowing is easy, they sprout about 1-4 weeks for me with fresh seeds. Give them lots of root space and they're easier to transplant outdoors later. They also tend to be leggy and fragile when young so protect from damp-off and fungus gnats. I've found gnat larvae gnawing at young seedlings.

Reply to
Pen