Orange leaves on Houston-area fringe flower

A fringe flower that I planted about 3 months ago is growing well but getting brilliant orange leaves in the inner areas. This follows our first bout of cooler weather with lows around 60. At the same time there is vigorous outer growth and flowering.
Similar fringe flowers in large office building landscape are doing the same thing.
Is thiis OK?
It is beautul effect if so. The leaves look as if they were sprayed with bright orange safety paint!
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...
Richard's fault!
Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at