orange grass

I've lived in this home for 6 summers now and this is the first time I've seen this: orange grass.

I googled it, and apparently it's "rust".

Trying to think of what might be different this year to cause it. Only thing I can come up with is that we let the grass grow a little taller this year before mowing. We live out in the country and have about 2 acres to mow.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Reply to
Ether Jones

Fungal disease most common in drought-stressed turfgrass that is poorly mowed and poorly fertilized. Don't remove more than 20%-30% of the blade length per mowing, and get your soil tested. Bet you need some N.

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

Reply to
bamboo