Orange colored is what?

Walking on the lawn today with white running shoes and they are covered with a very fine orange dust like stuff.Anyone here might know what it could be.
JMJ wrote:

Anthrax mixed with Tang.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Joe rocks!...........*snort, guffaw*
Val

Some kind of pollen?

We had the same thing happen here.a few years back. It turned out to be the cones on the evergreens were exploding. I can't remember if it was the fir or spruce. The orange dust appeared after 911 and freaked alot of people out. Our pine trees did the same thing this year only it was yellow dust. Very cool to watch it as the trees went off one after the other.
Thanks for the info of your experience.The orange color dust showed up on the porch weeks before it appeared on the lawn.The blades of grass are now this color completely all the way through.Will the lawn recover from this on it's own?

JMJ wrote:

"All the way through"? You mean, as in cross-section? Or do you mean they're completely covered top to bottom and all the way around?
Yes, the grass will probably recover. If nothing else is dying, the grass very likely wont die either.
<the interesting thing is when it turned up on the porch...>