Orange Bells?

I'm hoping for feedback/opinion here. What variety of Orange Bell Pepper is the biggest, blockiest, and best tasting in your estimation. Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill Litchfield

A Yellow Corno De Toro.

Penelope, who's never had an orange bell pepper that had much flavor.

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

I like 'Ariane' for a dead-ripe orange pepper. 'Blushing Beauty' goes through an orange phase before going more a hot scarlet-red when dead ripe. 'Roumanian Rainbow' also has an orange phase before going scarlet. (These are all available from Tomato Growers Supply Co.)

I had terrible results this year with peppers due to pepper maggots. (Neem DOES NOT control them.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Reply to
STEPHEN PEEK

Thanks for your input, Pat! Every year, I have a problem (to greater or lesser degree), with blossom-end rot on my peppers. Do you have the same problem?

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill Litchfield

Never. Sunscald sometimes (on the south side of the bed). The peppers get a shot of Tomato-tone in the planting hole and a mulch of shredded leaves, or leaves mixed with coffee-grounds.

My big, big problem is those pepper maggots. And it turns out the large sugar maple tree in the back yard is exactly the sort of place that pepper maggot flies like to use as a breeding ground. *sigh*

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz