One more beet recipe

One bunch of small beets. Scrub well and trim the nastiest bits. (peel if using large or older beets).
Grate beets on a fine blade on the device of your choice (I use a Mouli grater).
Place in pan with just enough water to cover and cook until just tender. Drain.
In large sauté pan, heat olive oil (to cover pan), garlic, rosemary and hot pepper flakes if desire. When fragrant, add drained beets and a little white wine if desired. Mix well and let cook about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Serve over angel pasta and parmesan cheese to taste. You wouldn't think it would work, but it does.
Cheryl
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/9/07 3:14 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.au, "Billy

I don't. The little ones don't have that thick skin. I do scrub very hard... C
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds interesting! I steam beets with some caraway seed. Then, after draining, toss with a bit of sour cream and serve.
Seahag
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/10/07 9:59 AM, in article mb_ui.2$2C4.0@trndny07, "Seahag"

PITA to make. I'd rather go to a good Jewish deli for it.
Cheryl
Add pictures here
✖

I'm mad for chopped chicken liver and our only Jewish deli is soso...gonna have to wait until Fall to make it myself!
Seahag
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

simple recipe.
Peel peets and shred or grate or do whatever you want. Add to water and cook, along with salt, sugar and sour salt. Add the beet greens near the end of cooking. All done!
--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey