On Keeping seeds cool??

Saw a program on http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv8/videos/index.html might not be this episode and I can't find the one dealing with fall crops.
But it dealt with keeping cold wether seeds cool as they germinate.
Very new to me. Thought warm was always good but cool loving plants like cool germination. It seems.
Garden mind shift for me how about you?
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Bill who putters wrote:

The web site told me that the content was not available outside the USA. It's the first time I have encountered such a thing. Any ideas on why? What was it about?
David