On for young and old.....

.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are nesting and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight. I counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a pot on my back verandah.
I've got so much to do..............................
FarmI wrote:

My pasture hums. The swallows try to beat me into the shed to nest there before I shut the door. We dine on asparagus every other night. Spring has come.

:-))))) Isn't it wonderful? We have both been caught just standing in the veg garden, doin' nuttin' with our backs to the sun soaking up some warmth.
I must be getting old as I know that the winter temps weren't that low and that we have had lovely high temps way too early for Spring, but I just feel like it was a long hard winter.

Yep, it's a bipolar world. As the sun slowly dips behind the top of my hill, all I can do is sit around and wait for the laggards of the garden to catch-up.
You have bees already? You should be where we are in February. Bees would be another month away.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and
Billy wrote:

I have large quantities of bees all year round.
be given> wrote:

Never mind Billy. Your turn will come roudn again in about 6 months :-))

Yup. Lots and lots and lots of bees. They really, really, really like my wallflowers. I wish we had bumble bees though. The only place in Australia that has bumble bees is Tasmania and I just love watching them. They look like they couldn't possibly fly given their improbably shape.
FarmI wrote:

:)
it's what keeps things interesting around here. the difference between what i want to do, what i can do, what needs to be done and what actually does get done.
today i almost finished thinning the strawberries out, and i picked and shelled some of the dried beans that were ready and i ran to the library to get something to read because i was out.
came across another book by Amy Stewart that is interesting called _Flower Confidential_, very much worth the read for those of us who like flowers and buy them at the stores for our sweethearts or other occasions. me loving tulips and enjoying cross- breeding i was having a very amusing series of moments reading the opening section that was talking about a flower breeder that was addicted to his paintbrushes to the exclusion of all else.
glad things are warming up for you and the birds and bees are humming along,
songbird

LOL. That sounds very familiar. Always much more to do than there is time for.

I went to the library yesterday but to return a heap of books. I wont' have time for reading for a while.

I love daffodials but for some reason I am not a tulip lover. I have a few, but they don't make me as cheerful as the daffs and jonquils do.

Thank you songbird. May you have a snug and warm winter.

Busy here as fall approaches. Been preserving summers bounty. Soon to be preparing for winter and that means trimming the bushes, trees, cutting down the the plants and rearranging the bulbs. A strong storm last week knocked down three trees. Two ash trees and one wild apple tree. So I have some extra cleaning up to do this fall.
The temperature this Thursday is supposed to drop down to forty degrees fahrenheit. So the end of canning and freezing will come to an end. Soon the trees Colors will change from green to fiery reds and yellows. The fall colors are really neat to see and has a peaceful feeling. I look forward to winter, to see the snow coming down and a time for reading new books, trying new recipes and relaxing a bit.
--
Nad