olive tree in lawn

Hi, we just moved in a house where we have a olive tree in the front lawn. It does look good. The leaf is yellow and falling. People told me that olive and lawn should not be together because olive do not live water but lawn does. They said my tree is dying. Is there any way we can save the tree. I am in California.
Thanks,
ff
finecur wrote:

Save the tree and some money. Stop watering. Let your lawn go dormant in the summer.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Pay attention to correct mulching if its not too late.
--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.