olive tree in lawn

Hi, we just moved in a house where we have a olive tree in the front lawn. It does look good. The leaf is yellow and falling. People told me that olive and lawn should not be together because olive do not live water but lawn does. They said my tree is dying. Is there any way we can save the tree. I am in California.

Thanks,

ff

Reply to
finecur

Save the tree and some money. Stop watering. Let your lawn go dormant in the summer.

Reply to
Travis

Pay attention to correct mulching if its not too late.

Reply to
symplastless