old soft tortillas

I had some tortillas I was going to throw away; they were over a month past the use by date and not so fresh. I thought it a waste to just go in the landfill so I threw them off the deck into the backyard after dark. (They actually flew pretty well, like floppy frisbees.) The next morning, they were all gone... I suspect a coon got them and maybe had friends over for a Mexican party. Maybe a possum?.. I wasn't sure I should be encouraging creatures in my back yard, but I see them pass through occasionally anyway. I have a motion light on the garage and it comes on when a large animal saunters by. One night the light was staying on a long time and I looked out the back door; there was a coon was out there at the bottom of the deck stairs. Staring at me. It was a bit creepy. I knocked on the door and opened the inside door leaving the security door locked. It looked away and moseyed on out into the backyard.

Reply to
Gus

Racoons can get fairly cheeky. I had two on the deck going at the bird feeder one night, opened the sliding door and yelled at them and they would not leave. So, I got a can of wasp spray, the kind that will put out a 20 foot stream, and blasted them with it.

Reply to
Frank

me of neighbor having a door for his cats and coming into the kitchen one day to find a raccoon eating the cat's food.

Might be funny but rabies is endemic around here.

Reply to
Frank

Maybe throw some guacamole and salsa along the them next time. Just tortillas is a bit dry... Maybe thats why it was staring at you :O

Reply to
Missie

Last summer someone noticed something up on my roof during the day. I went outside and looked and there was a raccoon under the gable where a piece was loose. And another one lying in the gutter. The one in the gutter saw me and looked up, and rolled over and went back to sleep... When they re-did the gutters the foreman mentioned to me there was a big pile of crap in the gutter in the back of the house. He asked me if I'd had a homeless person up on the roof.

Reply to
Gus

Actually, it did rain that night... And I am not sharing any guacamole or salsa with raccoons! They gotta bring their own. Freeloaders.

Reply to
Gus

wot?

Reply to