Okra problems

It's mid June, the rain has stopped, the weather is nice. Not hot, but in the upper 60s, lower 70s, with maybe into the 80s next week. My Okra just won't grow. It sits there, puts out little yellow leaves, and just sits. Everything else is growing great, my tomatoes are exploding, my squash is taking off, corn looks good. What is special about Okra that I'm missing? Is it still not warm enough? Are there special soil requirements that I may be missing?
Matthew Reed wrote:

hit it's stride until temps are in the 80's and 90's are even better. We're running in the 90's every afternoon that it's not raining and the okra is prolific. I live in SW Louisiana, real okra country. HTH and good luck.
George

That makes sense. I could not figure out why other things grow good and the okra just sits there. We are on the verge of summer weather, and I just reseeded a 10 foot row, maybe this time around they will take off.
I'm guessing that beans also like warmer weather? And cantaloupe? They are not growing as well as I'd like, it's been a cool wet spring here, and we really haven't had any warm weather yet. It still drops into the 50s at night, and if we are lucky it gets up into the 70s during the day. Forecast for next week - 80s.
Matthew Reed wrote:

Andy comments:
I think you are right about the cantalope. We have had a very hot spring in North Texas and my cantalope patch is prolific. So many of the things that I'm going to have to give a lot away.... I have access to
lake water, and can keep them watered, but I am sure the hot, sunny, weather is a good thing for them..
Thanks for the post about Okra. I will try it for sure, maybe even try to plant some tomorrow if it's not too late....
Andy in Eureka, Texas