Okra and beans - when to plant?

I'm still a bit fuzzy about when to plant okra and beans. My cold weather stuff is growing gonzo bonkers. My corn is exploding. My squash is growing great.
My okra sprouted, sat there, put out secondary leaves, turned yellow and I think I'm going to yank all of them. My beans only half sprouted, most of them sat there did nothing but slowly wither.
It's now June. Is this normal? Did I just plant them too early? The weather here alternates between sunny and moderate (70s), to 50-60 degrees and rain. It's a normal spring in the Pacific Northwest (I'm in Lebanon, near Salem and Eugene, Oregon). The ground barely dries out and it's raining again.
My real question is - when should I plant beans and okra? Is it too late to plant them in June, or is this normal?
Also - my neighbor gave me a flat of cabbage and brocolli plants about 1-2 inches high. Is it too late in the season to be putting these out?
bump